Friday, May 28, 2010

Animal cruelty

I had a dream where I became aware of the feeling of a bird sitting on the ground in front of me. I could feel the birds feathers, feel the warmth of the body. And I thought, what are you a pheasant? And then that I could not eat it or harm it. So I have become a vegan once more. Also the image of the cat I saw the other day on a Facebook animal rights page with the metal rod going through its head and things clamped onto its ears.

I used to be vegan until my muscles were very weak. I have some kind of acid translating into protein imbalance. however I have become resolute to again try to be vegan for the animals, the eco system - all the farms with cages of hens, pigs, dairy cows. All of the land used for the heavy hoofed animals that is mostly cleared of trees, resulting in erosion. The water used to feed the masses of animals, the transportation of the animals, especially live export animals..it is a far reaching thing to stop eating meat, to stop taking the milk from baby cows mouths. To stop. Just stop. And listen to the peace of nature if you can. Not many can. Why? It has been destroyed and taken away from people and wild nature. But that does not mean it has all gone. It can be wild again. Imagine the country farm fields you see when you go through the country covered in trees with streams and ponds, wildlife living there again, as it was before it was all destroyed.

Then the animal experimentation comes into play. I recall years ago I had a flyer stuck to my bookcase, a Pigs Life of Imprisonment, about caged pigs. The caging is not all they do and for a sum of money, the companies test on cats - but not just any cats, white laboratory cats that cost about $3000. Not strays or street cats for the experiments as the dye doesn't show as clearly and the health is questionable, so is the behaviour, also they are not uniform, if they were strays, for control experiments. This exclusivity is expensive. Also is cruel, with things done to the animals against their right, such as the Draize Rabbit Eye Test, explained further in the link below.

Draize Eye Test

See this site for more information about animal cruelty and abuse.

Humane Society

Veganism is an option for the 21st Century, and saves animals lives as even a little less meat is consumed on a daily basis, it adds up.

God, Buddha, and Lugh bless

No comments:

Post a Comment